This is a brief list of what you might wish to bring.
- Sleeping bag (rated to zero degrees C) and pillow
- Towel and toiletry items (soap, toothbrush, etc.)
- Any required medications
- Insect repellent (the course often coincides with the mild black fly season) and sun screen
- Alarm clock
- Wrist watch
- Flashlight/headlamp (with extra batteries)
- Water bottle (1 L)
- Whistle, matches or lighter, compass
- Small back pack to carry your equipment in the field
- Rubber boots and hiking boots/shoes
- Clothing for warm/cold/dry/wet weather (enough for 14 days)
- Rain jacket and rain pants
- Bathing suit
Some of you will almost certainly get bitten by snakes. Do not despair, you will not need snake bite kits. None of the snakes in eastern Ontario are venomous, and the worst bites are superficial.